Pacific Century Institute's mission is to foster...
...concerning the whole Pacific Rim region. Our chosen constituency are the significant actors on the regional stage
PCI strives to:
1. Provide a forum for discussion of regional problems
2. Foster the creation of common solutions
3. Promote cross-cultural communication
4. Build bridges between the peoples of the Pacific Rim, especially focusing on gaps
not being filled by other institutions.
5. Use imaginative, "entrepreneurial" programming to foster education, research,
cross-cultural communication, and policy dialogue.
6. Provide "seed money" to get initiatives off the ground; seek partners to carry
All of these efforts are designed to construct a more open and harmonious future. A future free from the forces of parochialism and chauvinism that have marred our mutual past.